Sunday, October 24, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

For October 24, 2010

Outside my window... One of the most beautiful fall days you can imagine. It's warm enough to run around without a coat, but not humid. And the leaves are starting to turn yellow and orange. Haven't seen any red leafed trees yet although I know the Japanese Maple in my backyard will turn the most beautiful deep crimson once it gets a little cooler.

I am thinking... about going to Stuart's Fruit Farm in my hometown as a kid. We went there officially to get apples and freshly pressed cider and pumpkins at this time of year, but my sisters and I also went there unofficially just about every morning in fall when we'd sneak across the street from our bus stop and grab some apples right from the tree for lunch.

I am thankful ... for the health that my mother is slowly but surely regaining.

From the kitchen... Pumpkin pie!!! Requested by Lizzie and the reason I am inside writing this instead of outside exercising my lungs with the fresh air.


I am wearing... blue pants, grey polo shirt, red fake suede jacket.

I am creating... a giant To Do list. Since the time I thought I was going to have has evaporated I decided that I must do at least one thing per day like wash the slider door windows or polish the living room coffee table. Perhaps that way I won't feel like such a sloth. Or at least I'll feel like a cleaning one thing a day sloth.


I am going ... to get the pumpkin pie out of the oven...be right back... Oh My!! Doesn't it smell delicious??


I am reading... my own book over and over again as I get it ready for the publisher who requested it.


I am hoping... that my doctor will tell me tomorrow that my cholesterol is back to normal and I've lost 75 lbs.


I am hearing... the girls working on a Halloween Decoration project. So far I know it involves napkins and tape because I've had to supply those. I suppose there will be an unveiling in a few minutes...okay now I hear some arguing so it may be an hour or so before the unveiling.

Around the house... blech. And double blech. I'm busy and I know it, but does my house have to show it?? I would get a cleaning lady except that the house would probably be a wreck 10 minutes after she left. :( I seriously need to work on Rob's housekeeping skills. (Ha, Ha.)

One of my favorite things... Moonlight Path perfume from Bath and Body Works. I've been wearing it for years and I still don't get tired of it.

A few plans for the week ahead... doctors (for me) on Monday, dentist for Lizzie on Tuesday, dance, drama class, piano, halloween parties and then GREAT WOLF LODGE next weekend to celebrate Hannah and Lizzie's 8th birthday (which isn't for another three weeks, but I got a good room rate so we are going and they can't wait!!)

A picture I am sharing... Rob and the girls cooking and Cash cleaning up:

No comments: