But for now I want to tell you all that I bought a new camera. It's a Kodak point and shoot and I love it. It's different from my Canon because it's a point and shoot, but frankly nearly all the pictures that I take don't need more than a point and shoot. And this one has a SCENES setting that will supposedly change settings so that I can get close ups and action shots.
And it has video.
Of course with the internal memory you only get 13 SECONDS of video, but I'll get a memory card eventually (of course the memory cards from my other two cameras are the wrong kind!)
So here are some pictures that I took today. I did not edit these pictures at all. They are Straight Out of the Camera. In photography circles that's important to note, but I note it here because it basically means I did not edit out the messiness of my house. Or the fluffyness of my dog. Cash was the first object I could photograph when the camera was delivered this morning:

Later though Hannah came home. The thing that is cool about this picture is that the back is sort of blurred, but Hannah (who was jumping around) is still in focus:

Lizzie is hiding behind Hannah and you can see taht they are being crazy. And trust me, this craziness did not end until about 45 minutes ago:

They took time out for a hug, too. Oh, and for those of you interested in ghost-y things, you'll notice an orb up in the corner of the room. Interestingly when I take pictures with my SLR there are rarely orbs because of the way the camera works, but a point and shoot will capture them. So we have some visitors in the house:

Lizzie getting in the spirit of things:
So, I'm giving the camera two thumbs up. I'm going to try some photo editing to see how that works. And once I get a bigger memory card I'll upload some video. Lizzie's getting really good on the piano!


No comments:
Post a Comment