Sunday, July 3, 2011

Summer Count Up, 3

Re-entry after vacation is usually difficult. Seriously I think we need to take MORE vacations, so we are used to getting back into the swing of things after the vacation. Anyway. I heard a lot of "I'm BORED" this week. And for some reason, when I suggested reading or doing a math worksheet, no one was THAT bored. Boredom does spark some creativity, though.

Day 11: On Sunday Lizzie took some of my pipe cleaners (one thing we have a LOT of in this house is/are crafting materials) and made her own peacock. Pretty good, don't you think?:

Day 12: On Monday we were able to get back to our pool. Hannah and Lizzie are little daredevils, always looking for ways to give me heart attacks. This week they started diving into the pool holding hands. Now while that may not SOUND dare-devilly, Lizzie likes to dive OUT and Hannah likes to dive DOWN, so the laws of physics are not in their favor:

Day 13: Blueberries have been on special all week. The local orchards are full of them and so I felt it was my duty to buy a lot of them, because they are healthy. Once I bought them I took away every single health property by mixing them in a cake batter and then topping it with sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon. Hannah and Liz were my accomplices in this process. Here, they are putting the topping on the extremely tasty Blueberry Buckle we made on Tuesday:  

Day 14: Dress-up just NEVER gets old in this house. Here's a picture of my three puppies. I can guarantee you that two of them are well-trained. But I'm not saying which two:
 Day 15: We introduced Cash to Rita's Water Ice. Here he's tasting a sugar-free pineapple ice. As a poodle he insists on watching his weight:

Day 16: Here's a group of kids belonging to my friends who are also friends of Hannah and Lizzie (because we make them play together on a regular basis so we can drink coffee and talk -- also several of them are in my Brownie Troop!) We had our book club meeting at the park on Friday and took the kids over to splash around in the creek. It was positively magical that afternoon and reminded me of my own childhood just being a kid having fun with a big group of my friends. So I made the picture in black and white to emphasize that:

Day 17: I spent the morning at the Farmer's Market in Elverson and here's my market basket -- six ears of corn, a quart of cherries, three Persian cucumbers (which tasted pretty much like American cucumbers), five juicy tomatoes, a pound of wax beans and a head of cabbage. I was hoping to score a dozen free-range eggs, too, but the chickens let me down:

See you all next Sunday, if not before. We're enjoying a lovely (hot and humid) 4th of July weekend, and hope that you are, too!

1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Looks like you all had a great week - great buys at the market - playing in the creek (love the black and white) - using imagination with the peacock - she did a very nice job - introducing Cash to the finer things in life. Keep it up!!!