Saturday, July 9, 2011

Summer Count Up 4

This week is missing Saturday because we are travelling, which means, of course MORE pictures sometime during the week. I'll include Saturday's "official" picture in next week's count up, but here's what we did this past week through Friday.

Day 18: It was the 4th of July weekend and I'm pretty sure there's some sort of law that requires the eating of ice cream. So being the law abiding citizens that we are, we went over to the Coventry Ice Cream Parlor and did our civic duty:

Day 19: Day 19 was the 4th of July so we decided (all of us!) to go to the fireworks. Except that we don't really go to the fireworks, we go to the Boscov's parking lot where we can spread out and lounge around while watching the fireworks. As you can see, Hannah and Lizzie have the experience down to a science with their blankets and pillows and dog. Rob is also prepared with a bag of chocolate covered oreos:

Day 20: I try to buy my milk at a local dairy, whenever possible. It's not certified organic, but they don't use hormones or antibiotics -- and it just tastes really good and fresh. When the girls go with me, we like to go into the barns and see if there are any baby cows. We lucked out this time because there were TWO baby cows. We did not luck out because it was extremely humid and since this is a real working farm, it had a real working stink. But we hung out with the babies, and the big cows for a while, thanked them for the milk and then went into the farm store where it did not smell and were we bought milk and several containers of candy:

Day 21: A fairly lazy day. We ate lunch out on the deck (it was fresh cherries and crackers with jam) and took some time to talk to Daddy while we ate:

Day 22: You can see how excited Hannah is with our Thursday activity. I needed to get the oil changed in my car, so here we are waiting for it to be finished. It was the next car after the one you can see in the background. The whole thing took only about 30 minutes and both Hannah and Liz managed to eat four pretzels each during this time, and Lizzie even  found time to complain that I wouldn't make her hot chocolate, when it was 93 degrees outside:

Day 23: We went swimming with friends at the pool (see how crowded it is??!!) I love the fact that my daughters get along so well with my friends' daughters -- it makes coffee breaks that much easier. Here are Hannah, Zoe, Izabella and Lizzie about 30 seconds before it started to downpour and we had to leave the pool. Luckily we got in a lot of fun before that:

Bonus Photo: Since it was the 4th of July, it's a fireworks picture:

3 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Love the frequent updates so I can see what gets done every day! Good for you and it looks like everyone had a nice, comfortable time watching the fireworks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy I love your blog so much, it is the best blog in the whole world. Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,
This is really Ann this time, I really really do love your blog and enjoyed reading all about your New York trip even though I was there for part of it...
Loved the pictures and this means I really need a new camera or maybe a class on picture taking..lol..Love Ann.