Week 7. School starts four weeks from tomorrow and we intend to suck every single bit of fun and joy out of it, even though it includes two weeks of the (very schoolish) jump start program. I'll write more about that next week, after the girls get started with it. Anyway, here's some of the fun (and some not so fun) things that we did last week:
Day 40: It was hot on Sunday. So I put Cash's pool out on the deck so that he could cool off if he wanted to. It wasn't long before that pool got very crowded. And Cash got an impromptu bath. Which he put up with because, as I just said, it was very very hot:

Day 41: I'm glad that I checked the weather before we went to the pool. Because even though it was bright sunshine in Pottstown (that little red dot) you can see what was coming in about 20 minutes... which changed our plans from swimming...
...to this. CRAFTS!!! I love crafts. We went to Jo-Ann's fabrics to get material so that I could make sundresses for Hannah and Liz, but they didn't have the material that I wanted (it's called mock smock and it makes sewing something really cool, VERY easy). Undeterred we still managed to find lots of crafts and Lizzie got a blue butterfly that was marked down from $10 to $3. Since I have a very strong connection to blue butterflies (and saving $7) it came home with us:
Day 42: We spent the morning in hell Monkey Joe's, the local bounce house. It wasn't so bad because the weather was actually pretty nice outside meaning not quite as many little kids were running around unsupervised, but there were enough so that Lizzie and Hannah both made friends while we were there. One of the moms tried to befriend me, too, but it was by asking me to join her in solidarity that they should make popcorn because "it shouldn't be on the menu if they're not going to make it." Since I was slightly more worried about important things, like the possible demise of "General Hospital" I told her that I didn't really like popcorn. Then they actually MADE the popcorn and I bought three bags of it.
Day 43: Lizzie seems to have developed an allergy to dust. Which in this house is kind of a problem. However, it really only seems to bother her when she's playing in the unfinished part of the basement. Well, since Rob put stuff in the finished part of the basement, FROM the unfinished part of the basement (he moved it because our air conditioner has a tendency to leak, although it hasn't yet and it's been running non-stop for the last 31 days of July), playing in the finished part of the basement is now very similar to playing in the unfinished part of the basement. (Aren't you glad that sentence is finished -- ha ha!?) So Lizzie started to sneeze and wheeze and her eyes were itching and I didn't have any liquid bendryl so I gave her a pill benedryl along with a long speech about how to swallow a pill. Which she did without problem long before I finished explaining to her how to do it:
Day 44: NICOLE BABYSITS!!!! Nicole is a friend of the girls' from the pool, and since I've been at home with the girls all summer (in past years I've hired regular babysitters so that I could get errands accomplished, but decided against it this year since the girls are fun to hang out with and forgetting that if I don't have babysitters come in once in awhile two little girls are asking me questions EVERY. SINGLE. MINUTE. of the daylight hours. Anyway ... where was I? Oh yeah, NICOLE (cue angels singing!) She's just getting started with babysitting, so I asked her if she'd like to come play with Hannah and Lizzie for a couple hours a week while I ran errands in and out of the house. And she said YES. So she gets some experience babysitting (she's great with the girls) and I can run errands and come back to check on them and then run some more errands. She's kind of like a mother's helper. She makes a bit of money. The girls have fun playing with a friend. AND I DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS FOR TWO HOURS!!! It's a win-win-win:
Day 45: We went to Weaver's Orchard in Morgantown with the idea that we may pick some blueberries, but once we got there, Lizzie decided it was just too hot for that, so we decided to feed the goats instead, and then play on their playground. I shopped at the farm store for their very delicious Texas Caviar (there's not a fish egg to be found in it), some local honey and some fresh vegetables.

Day 46: We had company for dinner (YAY -- playdate for Mommy and Daddy!) and I completely forgot to take a photo of Mike and Jen DeMarco. Luckily, Lizzie was in the Urgent Care (AGAIN!) and I did snap a picture of that. She'd been complaining of an earache for a few days, so I took her over and she has swimmer's ear that got infected. So she's on antibiotics for a week, and out of the pool. Big bummer, even though she's smiling here. (As I type this Rob and Hannah are at the pool and Lizzie and I are watching dog movies from Netflix.) I hope she's able to get back in the pool by next weekend. She's looking forward to wearing wax in her ear like her friend Keira had to when SHE had swimmer's ear. It's all about fitting in, you know:






3 comments:
Another great blog with neat pictures. That goat is high up but then goats seem to like climbing mountains, etc. Nice idea to do a daily diary. I hope Lizzie's ear gets better and soon.
Lizzie's better today, Aunt Brenda, but it's a bummer that we won't be able to do the pool for the first few days of the week (at least.)
What is with everyone getting swimmers ear this summer....total bummer and I hope Lizzie feels better as I know Tommy was in alot of pain with it. Talk soon.
Ann:)
Post a Comment