I believe when I last left you in these weekly count ups, I was complaining about the heat at Hershey Park. Well, I had no idea what I was talking about. It was NOT hot at Hershey Park. It was hot -- very very very hot -- THIS past week. But that didn't stop us from doing stuff or me from taking photos because I am SUPERMOM -- or OBSESSEDWITHTAKINGPICTURESMOM. So here we go with week six in review!
Day 33:This is my reward on Sunday, for putting up with Hershey Park on Saturday. It's my second favorite drink in all the world, an iced decaf from Dunkin' Donuts. It used to be my first favorite until I figured out how to make a frozen iced mocha in my own little blender. In fact, that's what I'm drinking right now while I write this. Here's the recipe. Take a cup or so of cold coffee and put it in the blender filled about half to 2/3 with ice, then squirt in some chocolate syrup (I have no idea how much) and then some sugar free french vanilla coffeemate creamer and turn the blender on while you load the dishwasher or transfer the laundry from the dryer to the dining room table. Serve with a straw.
Day 34: My friends and even Lizzie's piano teacher are starting to harvest their gardens and you know what that means -- fresh veggies for ME! Zucchini seems to be a bumper crop right now, so Hannah, Liz and I made zucchini bread on Monday. As you can see we made it instead of brushing our hair or cleaning up the family room:
Day 35: Our first trip to Camp Moose Lodge (aka Aunt Terry's pool!). When Terry goes on her yearly trip to the Delaware shore, the girls and I watch her pets and her pool. The girls love Aunt Terry's pool because it has a diving board and they can do all sorts of stunts designed to give me a heart attack. We went there on Tuesday this week to have lunch and -- as it turned out -- fish a dead frog and a dead mole out of the water. Ewwwww.
Day 36: KEIRA VISITS. This was the highlight of Lizzie's week for sure, but the rest of us love Keira, too. Keira is Lizzie's best friend since kindergarten and they love each other like sisters (which means once in a while they argue like sisters, too). Keira came over and kept us company at our pool:

Day 37: Rob apparently did not think cleaning only one pool per week was enough so, while we swam until the sun went down on this very hot day, Rob cleaned Aunt Terry's pool. Oh, and he even put up caution tape to make sure no one interfered with his cleaning. (Just kidding -- some of Terry's work crew had painted the deck by her pool house and the tape was to keep little feet off the fresh stain...):

Day 38: It was completely too hot to sit by any pool on Friday, except this one. It was 115 degrees in my backyard, figuring in the heat index (it was 104 without the index added) but we didn't want to stay indoors for the whole day. So, I set up a pool for Cash and Hannah and Lizzie decided to cool off in it, too. I took this picture during the approximately 23 seconds that I spent outside before retreating indoors to watch a day-long Waltons marathon:

Day 39: Yesterday was a day for the weather record books, but today (Saturday) was nearly as hot and humid. We celebrated the record-breaking heat by having breakfast at our pool. As you can see, no one except us ever goes to our pool in the mornings or even sometimes the afternoon. I pretty much consider it MY pool and get a little ticked off when other people use it. But I'm learning to share:

So that was our week in review. Five more weeks of summer left ... but I can't believe it's more than half over. I guess it's true that time flies when you're having fun!



2 comments:
Another great update - love all the pictures. I guess I never knew Terry had a pool - thought there was a pond there in the back. Been a lONG time since I was there - just asked Richard and he seems to think there was a pool but that it was covered. Oh, well. No matter what glad that you all can enjoy it.
I am going to try your frozen mocha receipe thingy. Soooooo HOOOOOTTTTTT... I knew you were a great multitasker.lol
Ann:)
Post a Comment