For as long as she has been able to write, Hannah has left me notes. Sometimes they are little love notes, or a picture or a question (if I'm on the phone). Sometimes she gives them to me and sometimes she leaves them for me to find. Lately she's been leaving me grocery lists of things she wants me to buy for her (mostly gum). Here are some of the notes she's left me over the past couple of years.
But this is more often the kind of note that I get. Hannah's mad. In fact this is one of the first notes I got from her, delivered about a week or so after we got Cash. Translation: Mom, I do not love you. I love the dog better. He is my pale, you're not:
This note is Hannah trying to use the only "bad" word she knew at the time (whatever). Translation: Mom, I am not your babycakes any more. Hannah. Whatever.

As time has passed, the notes have become more elaborate. Here's a note to try and convince me to have McDonald's for dinner. Translation of the note: Dear most nice mother. Can we pretty pretty pretty please with a cherry on top get McDonalds. Please. You can do it. Circle Yes happy or No sad. Translation of the note written around the music staff: Please do it for Hannah, she loves y ou. Do it for her. Please do it for her. You're the nice one. Please Your the Best. Feeling: Happy. Love Hannah.(Then she adds a few more pleases, you can do its and adds another cherry on top.) As you can see, I said yes.
And sometimes Hannah changes her mind about the note before I actually get to see it. She left this one on my bed a few weeks ago when she was in trouble for something: Translation: Dear Mom, I am leaving now forever. Bye. Then she changed it to. Dear Mom I am not leaving forever. Hi.

Hannah wasn't the first little girl to leave me notes. I found these in one of my memory boxes, in an old autograph book. If Beanie wrote these notes in 1974 she was just about Hannah's age. Translation of this one: Tracy, Tracy, Do not forget me. I have been a good sister. I wrote this on Nov. 3, 1974. I know you like Mark Daly, Gene Brennan, RObert Redford, Dustin Hofma... I can't go on, or should I? Loveing, Tina Garrity:
But this one made me laugh out loud: Translation: To Tracy. Richard Thomas I know you love. And I know you love me. Violets are red and roses are blue and you are green so go back to Mars. Ha, ha, ha! Aren't I funny. Love Tina.





2 comments:
These are hysterical!! Poor Aunt Tina - wait until Hannah gets old and sees HER notes!
Love it...this cracked me up! Do we need to fine Richard D or Gene B?
Aunt A
P.S. I won't be leaving you any notes!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment