It's almost Thursday again, and you know what that means ... time for Way Back Wednesday. This week I reached back into the archives and found a picture of me somewhere around 1992, I think. But the date doesn't matter ... it's the HAIR that's the star of this photo. Yes, for those of you who only have known me in Pennsylvania, I was a REDHEAD in New Jersey. And a real, howdy doody Ron Howard redhead. It happened one Christmas when I was tired of putting henna in my hair to give it some red highlights. So I took myself to the local hair salon in Cape May and asked them for red hair. I kind of was thinking auburn hair, but they gave me this instead. And even though my boss at the time mentioned (twice) that his wife was a hair stylist and could fix my hair, I kind of liked it. So I kept it for several years. I went back to brown sometime before I got married in 1994. Now, of course, I color my hair grey. ;)
Also in this picture is my dear friend Lisanne and her adorable daughter Olivia who is getting ready to graduate from COLLEGE pretty soon. Lisanne and Cheryl (who took this picture) came to visit me one weekend and this was an outing to the Cape May County Zoo. You'll notice that even though this picture was taken almost 20 years ago my fashion sense remains the same. Note in particular the large purse and high tops (both of which I still own). I will say that I've updated my glasses.

Here's a closer look at the hair. I still kind of like it.

1 comment:
Now that is RED, you should try it again..
Post a Comment