Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Way Back Wednesday

Traveling to Ireland for my brother T.A.'s wedding remains one of my favorite vacations -- one that will be difficult to top for the sheer FUN factor. Also for the fact that my mother paid for nearly all of it (surprise, Dad!) except airfare and Aer Lingus paid for an extra night in Shannon, when the plane we were supposed to take home BROKE and delayed our flight for 24 hours.
One of my favorite memories is of getting to Ann's hen party by first side-swiping the mirror of a parked car and then backing into an empty keg and sending it rolling down the crowded streets of Sligo. I won't say who was driving, but Aunt Brenda and I took a cab home (and suffice it to say it took us about 20 minutes to get TO the city and only about 4 minutes to get home in a veryveryvery fast cab...)
We did all survive to the wedding, though. This picture is when everyone was walking out of the church and I was in the choir loft. If you look closely you'll see Mom and Dad, Aunt Brenda and Uncle Dick, Aunt Anonymous (I couldn't find Uncle Anonymous but I know he was there), Aunt Terry, Uncle Ray and a bunch of people who don't read my blog. :)

And just so you know who the day was all about, there's me playing the guitar T.A. and Ann sharing a dance to a song I wrote for them in honor of the fact that they made me get on an airplane even though I really, really, really, really didn't want to, to have one of my favorite vacations ever!

6 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

That was a WONDERFUL vacation - don't remember the ride home in the cab, though but DO remember the keg rolling down the alley - think someone hit it. Nice picture of your dad smiling - Uncle A is behind me and Matt is in the front row. Very nice wedding and "time" we had in that beautiful village.

TGR101 said...

Oh yeah, NOW I see Uncle A! It's good that you don't remember the cab ride home. It was very traumatizing! (And that SOMEONE who hit the keg, knows who she is...)
:)

Aunt Anonymous said...

How could you not recognize Uncle A? He is the only one who is not smiling!!!!! LOL! Brings back fun memories. Aunt A

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the momories!

Little did I know at the time that my soon to be In-Laws were wrecking havoc in Sligo....LOL

Aunt Brenda said...

Ahhh - Anonymous - And we had a fantastic time doing it!!

Anonymous said...

In the spirit of full disclosure:
1) Aunt Brenda said "keep driving" after the mirror incident and 2) It wasn't A beer keg, it was several and it was a cobblestone street they went tumbling down! (At which point Aunt Tina acted like she was not the one who guided me into the parking spot :)

-signed "The only one who was brave enough to drive on the wrong side of the street"