Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Way Back Wednesday

I don't know much about this picture except that it might be my ticket to meet Anderson Cooper. Why? Because the woman in the center of the photo is Thelma Vanderbilt, of THE Vanderbilts, of which Anderson Cooper is also a relation.
Now, according to my dad, Thelma was a distant relative of the Vanderbilts, but she was also a dear friend of my grandmother who is on the right. So it's like we're practically related, too.
I don't know who the guy is or who owns the plane. I thought that maybe it was Howard Hughes, but a google search for photos shows that Hughes parted his hair on the other side. Also he was probably only about 10 when this photo was taken.
But even though this picture is not going to get me to meet my dear cousin-by-friendship Anderson, I think it's also just a cool photo isn't it? It really shows a moment of time when people were carefree and had the luxury of sitting around on the wing of an airplane with your company's coming hat and have someone take their photo.


No comments: