Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Way Back Wednesday

My laptop crashed today. A moment of silence please.
Hopefully I'll get it up and running tomorrow, but so far everything I've tried has just rewarded me with a big black screen. So I'm working on the girls' computer and the screen is SO HUGE it's hurting my eyes, so this will be quick...
Because despite my lack of favorite computer, I STILL found time to scan a WBW photo.
I love this picture because it shows that perhaps it was not my mother who had the fondness for sailor suits. That's my dad there on the right. He's standing outside his home in Lynbrook, NY with a neighbor child, Phyllis Diamondstone, who appears to be much happier to be standing for a photo than little Tommy Garrity is. Not only do I love the sailor suit, I also love the look on my father's face. He's pretty much never smiled for the camera, has he? Still cute though -- love those curls!

3 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Love the picture! Even her dress has big buttons that match the sailor suit.

Anonymous said...

Great picture the little girl sure has her pose down!
Now I know where Tom got his curly hair from.

Ann:)

Aunt Anonymous said...

Dad has a picture of him in a real sailor suit...you need to get a copy!!!