Okay, so it doesn't have quite the ring of Way Back Wednesday, but it's SPRING BREAK week, which in this house means that Hannah and Lizzie take a break from sanity and spend 10 days driving me crazy. Oh, and the car broke down on Tuesday afternoon, too. It's been so much fun, this week. :)
But because I missed posting a photo yesterday, I'm going to share TWO photos today. The first is of me, back in the late 1980s, which is evidenced by the volume of hair I have. In my defense, this photo was taken just a few months before I moved to New Jersey (I was editor of The New Milford Times in Connecticut at the time) so I was clearly practicing hair heights and frizz.
This car belonged to my then boyfriend Mark, who was the editor of another newspaper of the group where I was an editor. I believe he also took this photo because I was wearing a dress (almost NEVER happened since my favorite way to work is with my feet up on my desk). You can tell how thrilled I was for this photo session and, if you'll scroll down to here, you'll see that this is most certainly my DON'T TAKE MY PICTURE face.
My second photo to share is of Aunt Anonymous, dressed as a teen of the 1970s. I wish this picture was in color because I am pretty sure that this outfit is a lime green and blue print. It's not a mini-skirt though, as I remember that those were shorts or "hot pants" as they were called in the day (AA, correct me if I'm wrong -- and is it possible the you sewed this outfit?). And the best part is that the chair upon which she's sitting is also a crazy 1960s/70s print. I think this chair was either a green or yellow/orange print, too. Somewhere I do have a picture of the chair in color....
I also remember how we'd carefully put our hair in pony tails and then pull out those little tendrils to hang in front or our ears. I have no idea why. But I don't get the big hair of the 80s, either. (Although the grey hair of the 2010s is more laziness than style statement....) Aunt Anonymous had arrow straight hair and I had the opposite, so I was ever able to achieve the smooth pony-tail/tendril look.
Anyway, Aunt Anonymous is stylin' there in her matching vest and shorts and knee socks, isn't she? I guess were were both just fashion victims of our time....


2 comments:
Such neat pictures!! The times have certainly changed - Tally's is in the living room by the silver service!!! Was always there that I remember. Good posting.
I'm not sure I should admit this, but I remember that outfit well. It was actually a skirt and vest that I sewed - lime green and bright blue. I doubt I was talented enough to make hot pants! Remember the knee socks too as we were not allowed to wear stockings...
Post a Comment