Sunday, July 20, 2008

Beaches

We spent a week at the shore. And during that week I think I spent more time at the beach than I spent the entire six years that I lived there. Hannah and Lizzie LOVE the beach. But really, what five year old wouldn't love the opportunity to get completely covered in sand? Not mine!

We had spectacular beach weather (hot and sunny most days) and took advantage of that. Not that we had any choice -- from the minute the girls got up in the morning we started getting the "When are we going to the beach?" question.

We usually managed to stay a couple of hours each time, and, thanks to Hurricane/Tropical Storm Bertha, the waves were really rough at the beginning of the week. Hannah LOVED the big waves and sat at the edge of the surf and let the waves crash over her. Lizzie would bravely walk out to meet the waves and the first time one hit her in the face (which was usually the first wave) she'd scream "I WANT TO GO BACK!!" She liked the tiny waves that crashed around her ankles but she screamed everytime that happened too. I'm sure the lifeguards were talking about us. We were a very noisy family, even for the beach.

Here are some pictures from the beach. (I took these with my little camera, so they are a little blurry.)

Each day they insisted on wearing the same bathing suit:
Sandy Hannah:Hannah working on a sand village:Lizzie collecting shells (we now have about 47 million clam shells that look exactly the same to everyone except Lizzie):Sandy Lizzie:Dad at the beach:Mom at the beach (notice my spectacular tan???):Happy Beach girls:

1 comment:

Primrose Hill said...

Love it!!!! Looks like y'all had a great time....I'm lovin' the swimsuits! when are y'all coming to Disney anyway?!?!
Keep posting those great pics!