Due to necessity and reality, I have changed the theme of this summer from the Summer of Motherhood (where I work less and parent/play more) to the Summer of Turning Off Lights Because No One Else in this Family Ever Does (where I turn off lights because no one else in this family ever does).
So far this experiment of less work and more mommy has taught me that when my daughters are good they are really very very very good. But when they are bad ... well, when they are bad Rob gets a phone call about about 2 in the afternoon asking when he's getting home.
It has also taught me that if you make something a game you can get away with it about four times. Right now we have played the Leave Mommy Alone So She Can Read the Paper in the
Bathroom game four times, so I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow.
I have also learned that peace and quiet is really NOT over-rated.
I have learned that my children love to cook and will cook anything and everything. I have also learned that they are really bad cooks. However, I have ALSO learned that even if it tastes burned and soggy and overly salted, if they made it, they will eat it.
So that's what I learned this month. I've got about another six weeks to go before they start kindergarten and I'm hoping that they will learn something during that time.
Of course at the end of the day (when they are SLEEPING!) I realize that they are really the two most adorable children in the entire universe and that even if they don't ever learn to cook or to read or to leave me alone they at least have that going for them.
See what I mean:

3 comments:
Girl, you speak the truth!! Glad to know I am not the only one with some of these thoughts! The last pic of girls is just gorgeous!
BTW....I loved the dvd! Thank you so much for sending to me~~I got all teary and stuff. sheesh! You are the best!!
Kristina
if I did not know better I would say that it is in the genes--inability to turn off the lights, that is
I so understand where you are coming from... I can't wait for kindergarten, and bed time right now.. But when kindergarten finally comes around, I know I will be just staring at the clock! (Who am I kidding, I still do it when Bailey goes to school and he'll be in 6th grade)
Post a Comment