So when we were in Cape May, I decided I needed to get sunsent shots. We decided to take the girls to Reed's Beach which is a tiny ticky tacky community about five miles from Rob's Mom's house. It's also known as horseshoe crab beach because thousands of horseshoe crabs beach there each year to lay eggs and then try to make it back into the ocean. Let's just say that not a whole lot of them, do. If the tide hits a horseshoe crab wrong, it gets flipped over onto its back and it can't turn back over, so it bakes in the sun until nature takes its course. Back when I lived in the area I'd go down to Reed's Beach and save horseshoe crabs (being the humanitarian that you all know that I am!) by tossing them back into the surf to live another day. PETA would be proud!
So we decided to take the girls to Reed's Beach to see the ticky tacky houses, the beach covered with dying crustaceans and the sunset.
When we got there there was a huge dredging operation about to get started, absolutely NO crabs and about a gazillion biting bugs. Seriously, Rob RAN back to the car to escape them. However there was a spectacular sunset, so the girls and I risked life and limb to get a few shots. Here they are:


2 comments:
omgoodness. that first one is STUNNING. put it in a frame!
Those are gorgeous pictures....I think they are worthy of an award....just beautiful. I really love the one of them holding hands. Carrie
Post a Comment