Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Sunday and a brief appearance by Tracy

(This is my second post in two days -- scroll down for Easter Saturday pictures.)

Easter Sunday was just about perfect. It stopped raining. I didn't have to cook. The girls behaved at church. All good. Oh, except that the bread I made came out waaaaaay too heavy. It's the first time I've baked bread in this house and I think the Zen is not quite right yet. So I'll have to practice more. Anyway, on to the pictures.

First, this is Rob and the girls right after Mass. I got the girls' Easter Dresses for about $8 each at Kohl's. (Grandma bought the sweaters at Hartstrings this past summer, so they were FREE -- my favorite price to pay!) Oh, and while it looks bright and sunny out, it was actually only about 37 degrees when this picture was snapped. I am so far not really enjoying Spring in Pennsy.

After Mass the girls tore into their Easter baskets. Not only did the Easter Bunny bring them baskets (and by the way, should you ever feel a need to discuss the EB with them, I told Lizzie that the EB knocks on the door and gives me the candy and never ever enters our house to leave it there because she was freaking out about a strange rabbit running all over our house in the middle of the night) but Aunt Tina brought them Easter baskets as well.Here is Lizzie coveting the Polly Pocket in her basket from Aunt Tina. Aunt Tina believes that as Godmother it is her duty to make sure that my girls are both spiritually schooled and test my personal Christian patience. Let me say for the record that teeny tiny Polly Pocket shoes are ANNOYING. But Lizze and Hannah sure liked them.Hannah, though, was all about the candy. This is her fourth Fun Dip of the morning and, if you check out the clock in the photo it's only a quarter past nine and we went to 8 a.m. Mass. So, you do the math. Hannah loooooooves sugar. I am, however, not a fan. But since I was the Easter Bunny who selected the fun dip I have only myself to blame.Then it was onto Terry's house. Terry (also a Godmother) gave the girls another basket of candy (and YUM popcorn) because really you just can't give OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN enough sugar. Here's Terry with some of the delicious food she cooked. And Tina. The menu was ham and smoked salmon (out of this world good smoked salmon), cheesy potatoes that Hannah scarfed down in between chocolate eggs and jelly beans, devilled eggs (Terry makes the best devilled eggs of anyone I know), salad, fruit salad, my way too heavy bread, and a bunch of desserts, including a turtle cookie bar thing that I made that came out much better than my bread.A closeup of the cook and non-cook:Here's T.A. occupying himself during the cooking portion of the afternoon:Ann and Brenna were there, too. Brenna's holding a bunny named Chewy (I think) that she got in Lancaster and a Frisbee that (I think) she stole from Terry. The Frisbee doesn't have a name, although Brenna did keep calling it MINE. After dinner there was plenty of time for relaxing. Here's Hannah with Aunt Tina.And Tommy having a deep and meaningful convo with Aunt Tina:Before settling in for some video gaming:
Brenna and Hannah getting some rest in the dog's bed. Don't worry that they are not comfortable, though. Tache's bed is a temperpedic mattress, which is nicer than MY bed.
Ray always enjoys making an appearance in the blog, so here he is with Casey:Here's the gang of grandchildren present for the Easter soiree. Doesn't Casey look beyond thrilled to be hanging out with his cousins who are all at least 10 years younger than he is? He's a good sport and Easter is, after all, all about sacrifice.And speaking of sacrifice, I hate having my picture on the blog, but since it's Easter and all, here's me, my husband and my new glasses, as taken by Hannah on Easter morning:

2 comments:

Primrose Hill said...

the girls look adorable, as always. looks like y'all had a great Easter!!!!! I love the last pic of you and Rob!

Aunt Brenda said...

Great Pictures and Hannah must be following in your footsteps as far as taking good pictures! TA looks really relaxed. You had a busy two days!