Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hot Weekend

It was hot 'round these parts this past weekend. And you know how I was telling people that maybe I wouldn't mind the heat since I was (at least) 20 lbs lighter this year? Yeah, well, this weekend (and Monday and Tuesday) I learned that I don't like the heat at any weight.
But, being the trouper that I am, I coped and didn't complain (much) or put the air conditioning on.
So let's start with the view from my living room window. This tree is gorgeous and smells as good as it looks. I thought it was a Dogwood Tree, but it smells like roses and each blossom has five petals, as opposed to Dogwood blossoms, which have four petals. Of course we do live near the Limerick Nuclear Power plant, so it's possible this is a mutant dogwood tree.
Whatever it is, it sure smells great and was one of the really nice things about having the windows open and the breeze coming in. Another fun part of the weekend was that we officially inaugurated the barbecue season, which as well all know I love because I don't have to cook. Oh, and it's nice to see family, too. Here's the gang from the first barbecue, which was steak and potato salad and apple pie. (And of course my DD iced decaf!)

After our late lunch/early dinner the girls got to spend some quality time with Grandma and Uncle Dude. And I got to lay on the couch and sweat. On Sunday Hannah and Liz decided to make the best of things by playing outside and coloring under the tree (pictured above) that smells so good.
They are both impervious to heat and are wearing FLANNEL LINED pants in these pictures. I sort of have this rule that they can choose their own clothing on the weekend with no argument from me but seriously, FLANNEL?
It could explain why they look a little overheated below. But they didn manage to come up with some very nice artwork. Hannah's picture is of Rob and I. Lizzie said her's is a self-portrait. (And Mom before you call me, I AM going to get their hair cut soon!)

Luckily the girls were able to cool off in the stream in our front yard. Here, Hannah cools off Lizzie...And then herself...
Then they both turned into frogs...

And hopped inside for dinner!

No comments: