Friday, May 1, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For May 1

Outside my window... it's dusk and I can just see the remnants of the clouds through the trees.
I am thinking... that I may get my hair cut early next week.
I am thankful ... for children who went right to bed tonight as I am pretty tuckered out myself.
From the kitchen... dinner dishes are all cleaned up (we just had tuna sandwiches and chips, so it was easy to make and easy to clean)
I am wearing... grey shirt, grey pants (very neutral today!)
I am creating... the final touches on the girls' room -- stay tuned for a video before and after sometime next week.
I am going... to make a big bowl of popcorn and watch Tivo'd Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice.
I am reading... nothing except websites -- I need to get to the library!
I am hoping... to up my exercise time to 25 minutes a day next week. Right now I do 20 minutes 4 or 5 days a week. YAY!!!
I am hearing... Ghost Whisperer on the television (it's a scary one with talking dolls and that always freaks me out) and Rob crinkling a potato chip bag.
I am praying... for my friends at the Reading Eagle who were laid off yesterday. Way too many talented people lost their jobs.
Around the house... the living room shows the remains of a great game of Hullaballo that I played with the girls earlier and the dining room table still holds the remnants of coloring and reading and homework.
One of my favorite things... is Tastefully Simple Razzy Lime Salsa (http://www.tastefullysimple.com/) It's FINALLY back after a way too long absense during which I begged every consultant I met to let me buy whatever secret stash they might have. It's delicious and after one bite you'll be hooked too -- so be careful.
A few plans for the rest of the weekend... I'm building the girls' bookcase, going to the library or bookstore, supervising some artwork for the redecorating (you'll understand that more when I do the big reveal next week) and quite possibly eating Chinese food.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Blossoms ready to burst on my new favorite tree.
For other daybooks visit www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Primrose Hill said...

sounds like a great week to me! we have hullaballo (sp?) too...drives me nuts!!! hahahaha