Saturday, May 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook




For May 23


Outside my window... A beautiful day. Lots of sun, low 80s, a bit of a breeze and children riding bikes on the grass


I am thinking... how much fun we had at a picnic in the park a little earlier today. (Watch my blog for photos!)


I am thankful ... for finishing up all my work by Friday afternoon so I can enjoy this long weekend and also for a husband who is going to prepare something delicious for dinner tonight -- even if it's pizza from Bravo!


From the kitchen... I'll be making some chocolate cupcakes a little later, to get us through the rest of the weekend

I am wearing... tan capri pants, royal blue shirt, and a visor hat which keeps my bangs out of my eyes because I sorely need a haircut

I am creating... a press release (finished yesterday) for a group of friends of mine who have gotten together to help brides have the best wedding possible. See http://www.aweddinginabox.net/ to check out their services.

I am going ... to make cupcakes and maybe some cherry jello to have with dinner tonight and then I think I may sit in the hammock for a few minutes and watch the clouds roll by.


I am reading... still slogging through Frank McCourt's memoir, Angela's Ashes. I'm not really enjoying it, but I like it enough to keep going. It's my "car" book, that I read when Rob takes the girls over to the park or the high school to walk around and I sit in the car and read.


I am hoping... for continued beautiful weather and that I don't eat too much good (but not really good for me) food this weekend.


I am praying ... for my dear friend Bethany's successful and peaceful defense of her thesis in June. Will you pray with me?


I am hearing... Rob whacking weeds and the girls screaming happily and chasing each other all over the yard ... and now I can hear Hannah singing, too -- perfect!


Around the house... there's some cleaning that needs to be done although I'm sure none of us feel like doing it. (And by none of us, I mean ME!) I never did get to my nook last weekend, so that's a top priority and did I mention LAUNDRY? Well, there's that, too.


One of my favorite things... is my bejeweled blitz rivalry with my sister in law Ann, on facebook. Of course that's probably because THIS week, I'm actually in the lead!


A few plans for the rest of the weekend... barbecue, dunkin' donuts iced decafs (several of them, I think), picnics, family time, hammock time, a perfect weekend!


Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Hannah and her pig sitting next to the favorite sign in my house ... just loved the juxtaposition of them!

No comments: