Friday, May 15, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook, May 15




For May 15

Outside my window... late day sunshine, a little humidity, two little girls torturing a caterpillar.

I am thinking... that we'll soon be getting some good growth in Rob's garden thanks to rain and somewhat warm weather. Can't wait for the lettuce and carrots!

I am thankful ... that the lump on Hannah's head turned out to just be a swollen lymph node and should go down on its own in the next couple of weeks and that the doctor was equally wonderful to Lizzie who was worried about her own bump on her own head (a mosquito bite) and reassured her that she was fine

From the kitchen... wonderful smells leftover from tonight's dinner: freshly baked cornbread (from scratch) and chili

I am wearing... grey collared shirt, brown leggings and flip flops

I am creating... working on the end of the year gift for the girls' teachers. I'll post them when they've been delivered

I am going... to put my feet up and watch Ghost Whisperer and then do some more work on the gift.

I am reading... Frank McCourt's memoir, Angela's Ashes. This is my second try at this book. I got about two chapters in when it first came out and couldn't finish it, but I'm giving it another try. So far I feel the same way ... the style is too breezy for the difficult material.

I am hoping... that my book will soon be published in both French and Portuguese. We heard from the publisher this week that the French deal is almost made and we've had requests from Brazil, too.

I am praying ... that my book will soon be published in both French and Portuguese (and also for world peace.) :)

I am hearing... Girls playing and screaming and whatever the girls left on, on the television in the basement, which I am too lazy to go and turn off (but will once I finish this blog!)

Around the house... things are in decent order. I've got birthday gifts to wrap that are on the island and -- as usual -- the place needs some vacuuming, but on the whole things aren't too bad. This weekend I want to get into my nook and clean out all the stuff I've been "storing" in there.

One of my favorite things... dark chocolate silk smidgens from Gertrude Hawk. (http://www.gertrudehawk.com/) They are (not really, but a girl can pretend) healthy as they are made from 70 percent chocolate. They are beyond good.

A few plans for the rest of the weekend... Cleaning/organizing the nook, Rob's going to plant our tomatoes and a couple of other things (maybe the cucumbers?), a Sunday afternoon cruise with a stop at DD for iced decaf and work on my memoir.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

It's official! I'm going to start (and lead) a Brownie Troop with my friend Amy Shenk in the fall. So far we have 11 girls interested in joining and I think we'll have a good group. I loved girl scouting and hope that Hannah and Lizzie do, too.

No comments: