Click on the video below to see the before and after of the girls' room. For those who have not been listening to me talk about this for weeks and weeks, here's how things happened.
I wanted to update Hannah and Lizzie's bedroom with a theme that would take them as far through the tween years as I could AND didn't break my budget. I came up with a MOD theme (I did get input from Hannah and Liz, but they were still pretty much into having everything be about the Princesses although iCarly was a close second!)
So with my $300 budget I tried to figure out the best way to make the room look completely different without spending any money. I explain most of my finds in the video, but I neglected to mention that the Bed in a Cubes were about $50 each and the ceiling tile/bulletin boards were $20 for a set of four.
Because I was SO lucky to find bedding that fit my theme AND didn't cost a lot AND was for two 6-year-olds who don't really care if they are sleeping on 200 thread count sheets, I really was able to come in easily under budget. And I was blessed with the advice of family and friends about where to find some good deals, too.
Oh, and for some reason on my computer some of the walls look pink. They are actually a medium purple color.
3 comments:
Tracy - you did a GREAT job with everything in the room - thanks also to Terry and Tina. Obviously the girls really like it! Good job finding all the extras and keeping within your budget. I know Rob appreciates that.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the room redo! So very creative. I especially like the ceiling tile idea for artwork. Your girls are so lucky to have such a creative Mom. Great Job!
adorable! aren't little girls so fun!!!! love the colors. of course that view out the window is what I would die for. Youdid a great job, T!!!
Post a Comment