Saturday, May 30, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For May 30

Outside my window... The birds are singing, it's very green and there is the most heavenly scent from the wild roses which all bloomed during the week.

I am thinking... that it's really pretty scary Hannah and Liz will be done with kindergarten in two weeks.

I am thankful ... for good friends and family who helped get me through Hannah's stealing incident earlier this week ... we've got a handle on it now!

From the kitchen... I never did get around to making those cupcakes last weekend, so I'll make them later today to serve after the big dance recital tomorrow!

I am wearing... yellow shirt, grey capri and one of the twisty towel turbans on my head (washed my hair -- not a fashion statement)
I am creating... the book I wrote for the girls' teachers is done and off to the printer (snapfish!) last night and I'm already excited about its delivery.
I am going ... to have a cup o' joe out on the deck once I finish this day book.

I am reading... the latest issue of Health Magazine. I got it as a free subscription with a Southern Living at Home order and I may just order it myself when it runs out. Lots of practical advice -- much of it on anti-aging and dieting which are two of my favorite topics, too.

I am hoping... that Hannah and Liz have a great time at their dance recital tomorrow and that Hannah doesn't start doing any old dance that comes to her and that Lizzie actually gets onto the stage to dance, despite her self-proclaimed shyness.

I am praying ... that Hannah and Liz have a great time at their dance recital tomorrow and that Hannah doesn't start doing any old dance that comes to her and that Lizzie actually gets onto the stage to dance, despite her self-proclaimed shyness. :)

I am hearing... Rob and Hannah having a deep discussion about coffee at Tanna's and that Lizzie needs to go, too, since she can't stay home by herself. Hannah (my fashionista) is wearing pink capri pants, knee socks, a tee shirt with a bright red poncho (from when she was two) over it. She's got a purple hairband in her hair. Just thought you'd like to know.

Around the house... things could be better organized, but I'll get to that later today. Right now we've got all the windows open to let in the breeze and the wild roses so I just want to sit here and breathe deeply.

One of my favorite things... is sleeping with the windows open when it gets a little nippy (and I have a warm blanket) and I can hear the stream rushing by our house. This happened last night and it was divine. Literally and figuratively!

A few plans for the rest of the weekend... dance recital (they actually call it a demo) tomorrow; dress rehearsal later today. Friends/family visiting. And right now we're going to get some coffee at Tanna's!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...This is a page from the book we wrote/illustrated, called "The Very Bored Princesses."

No comments: