Friday, May 8, 2009

Simple Woman's Day Book

For May 8

Outside my window... the sun is finally shining after nine days of rain. And about 10 months of winter. It's all green and lovely out there.

I am thinking... that even though I have frustrating days with my daughters (like today) I am really very very blessed.
I am thankful ... for whatever patience the Lord affords and for the sun.

From the kitchen... eggs are boiling for devilled eggs, chicken is poaching for chicken salad and the ingredients are gathered for a batch of Aunt Dodie's Peanut Butter cookies that I found on my friend Kristina's blog (http://www.sweetpeawanderings.blogspot.com/)

I am wearing... red shirt, grey capris and my blue fake crocs that I got at Walmart for ONE DOLLAR!!

I am creating... a chore chart and summer work program for Hannah and Lizzie.

I am going... to set out the snacks for an afterschool playdate (for both the girls and me) with one of our neighbors who just also happens to be the Brownie coordinator for our area.

I am reading... the Wizard of Oz series by Frank Baum. I found them when I was putting Hannah and Lizzie's room together and loved them as a child. So far I love them as an adult, too!

I am hoping... that Hannah and Lizzie lose their very annoying attitudes or we will all be on timeout for the weekend
I am hearing... lots of birds and the water bubbling in the girls' fish tank (we are down to two fish, RIP Drippy).
I am praying... for our country and the economy and the state of health insurance in this country. With so many friends out of work, I can really see the mess we need to get ourselves out of.

Around the house... things look pretty darn shiny as we are expecting guests. The upstairs looks pretty good, too, but I'm avoiding the basement since the girls promised me they cleaned it up but, you know, they probably didn't.

One of my favorite things... http://www.hulu.com/. It's a great place to watch television shows that you forgot to Tivo. :) Oh, and apparently the Razzy Lime Salsa I mentioned last week is NOT back. I must have dreamed that (which of course we all know means that it will come to pass.)

A few plans for the rest of the weekend... Rob said something about taking the girls to the bikepath, but since they may well be grounded for the next 47 weeks, I may go to the bikepath and leave them all here. :) I'm sure there will be some relaxing on Mother's Day, too. I have a story to write this weekend and the girls and I are going to get started on their year-end gift/project for their teacher.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...


I want a poodle. Not a foofy poodle, but a poodle like this. Oh and Lizzie would like it if it didn't mind wearing a dress every once in a while. She said she now likes dogs better than cats because dogs can wear cute clothes.


See other day books at http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

The poodle looks something like Tammy that I had the honor of sleeping with Christmas Eve MANY years ago in Elk Grove Village when I don't think the temperature got higher than 10 degrees the whole week. That was the only time I went to IL for Christmas! Cute dog!

TGR101 said...

That's a legendary family story Aunt Brenda -- but I didn't know that was the last time you'd been to Elk Grove.
Oh, and this poodle SORT OF looks like Tammy - the fact that you can see her eyes is the giveaway that it's not Tammy.