Friday, April 24, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook, April 24


For April 24


Outside my window... a woodpecker is looking for his lunch.


I am thinking... that I need to find a good hammock book for the weekend -- any suggestions?


I am thankful ... that the fish are still alive and that the Pet Smart guy explained why the water is cloudy and did NOT sell me anything to fix it (it's got something to do with good bacteria building up in the tank) unlike the other petstore that shall remain nameless guy did


From the kitchen... Eggs are chilling to be made into devilled eggs and soon I'll be putting out Hannah and Liz's afterschool snack of pudding and cool whip.


I am wearing... grey pedal-pushers, red shirt, flip flops, sun glasses (I'm outside)


I am creating... another chapter of my memoir which I had hoped would be finished by now, but it's not. I can see the finish line though.


I am going... to make tuna salad to go with the devilled eggs for dinner


I am reading... the latest issue of "Health" magazine


I am hoping... that someone as smart and savvy as my mom gets elected to our local school board.

I am hearing... the soundtrack to "Fiddler on the Roof" (and the woodpecker) right now it's "Sabbath Prayer."


I am praying... that the Boston doctors can finally figure out how to help Stellan since his most recent procedure didn't work (http://www.mycharmingkids.net/) and also for my head to stop hurting (day three of this headache) before the weekend really kicks off

Around the house... spring cleaning is in order; hope to get to the sliding doors before the girls get home from school or else they will "help."


One of my favorite things... is this great website for downloading coloring pages and other educational things for children, http://www.educationalcoloringpages.com/


A few plans for the rest of the weekend... we're waiting to see if Uncle Dude is stopping by for dinner/barbecue on Saturday, plus some spring cleaning, some searching for bulletin board material for the girls' room and some serious hammock time (for which I'll have to fight with Rob who I KNOW is planning the same thing!)



Here is picture thought I am sharing...





Me, getting ready to go outside with my new sunglasses (Joan Collins-designed) and my favorite thing about spring/summer: DD iced decaf (with cream and splenda!)

Other daybooks can be viewed at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

BrnEyedGal said...

I am so with you on the DD decaf iced with cream and splenda...so refreshing in the summer!
Thanks for the info on the fish tank, LOL, my son and I had noticed ours was turning a little and now I know not to worry! haha
Come on over to my blog if you get the chance...its nice to meet knew people!!!
Take Care and have a GREAT weekend!
BrnEyedGal