Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook


For May 15, 2012

Outside my window... It's raining. And I'm stuck inside with two girls who had the day off and one dog who always has the day off and they are B.O.R.E.D. Every once in a while the sun comes out to tease us, but mostly it's raining.

I am thinking... that it's not allowed to rain this summer. Seriously. I am also thinking that I haven't done one of these recently.

I am thankful ... that Hannah's finally OUT of Everyday Math and actually LEARNING math now.

From the kitchen... Mom's Swedish meatballs, egg noodles and a vegetable to be named at a later day (in about 20 minutes when I look in the freezer.)

I am wearing... red shirt, brown capri pants, fake croc maryjanes that cost me $8 at Walmart and are extremely comfortable and good for walking in the rain.

I am creating... this year's installment of the Very Bored Princesses that we write and illustrate for the girls' teachers each year. This year's title is "The Very Bored Princesses and the Great Hamster Escape," which is sort of based on a true story.

I am going ... to finish setting up the basement as a craft/exercise/tv and sometimes spare bed room.

I am reading... I just finished "The Dry Grass of August" and I loved it right up to the very end, which I thought was very abrupt. In retrospect I can see why the author chose this ending-- I just wanted to spend more time with Jubie and her family.

I am hoping... that Hannah and Lizzie learn time and money  this summer. I've just about set up my summer learning program and it's ALL time and money (and a little reading -- but  that's mostly for me!)

I am hearing... Hannah complaining that she is SO SO SO BORED and the only thing that will take care of that is computer time and Lizzie trying to finish her math homework (what's 9x7??)

Around the house... yeah, things look about normal. Take that however you like!

One of my favorite things... my new android LG Optimus V phone. It's my first smart phone (although I've had several phones smarter than me!) and I've been enjoying playing Words with Friends, Hanging with Friends (reminder to Terry that it's YOUR turn) and Draw Something. Oh, and making calls is still fun, too.

A few plans for the week ahead... Work-wise things are pretty light, but we've still packed the week with homework, pageant practice (two weeks until the states!) dance, Nature Club, a passport office appointment and a Leader-Daughter event where there will be country line dancing.

Pictures I am sharing... I think Mother's Day is probably going to be bittersweet for the rest of my life, but I try to focus on the sweet. Which is why when I was told to pick my favorite place for lunch I just wanted a large cheese pizza in the park with my favorite people (Rob was there, too!)





2 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Very enjoyable. Miss these updates.

Cindy said...

Ah, I've missed doing these too and really enjoyed reading this one of yours! Thanks! :)