I didn't think this photo was way back at all until I noticed tat Shelby looks to be a bit after a year old ... which means this photo is at least 22 years old! And the kids ALL still look EXACTLY the same. Except for T.A. doesn't have a mustache anymore. Oh, and Shelby is taller.
This was taken in the living room of the house on Hilltop sometime in the late 1980s or maybe even 1990. Since there is no Christmas tree in this picture I know that it is not Christmas or Easter or any holiday in between (we usually tried to get the tree down by Easter) so I am going with Thanksgiving. Also, we are dressed for cooler weather, I am wearing my dress jeans and Beanie is wearing pearls so I'm sure it's some festive fall holiday.
Shelby was our side of the family's first grandchild and my mother waited a looooooong time for her although both Terry and the Anonymouses did provide us all with granddogs in the interim. And I donated at least one grandkitten to the cause. Terry also provided the second grandchild five years later. Then there was an even loooooooooonger wait. (Like almost a decade). Then there was a grandchild boom with Hannah, Lizzie and Tommy all born in 2002 and then Brenna was the caboose grandchild five years ago.

1 comment:
What a great picture of all of you!
Post a Comment