Yay for me!!
So here is this week's picture:
I like this picture because it reminds me of a time in my life when everything was almost perfect. It was just Aunt Anonymous and I was a very snazzy dresser. In fact this is the last time I wore gloves until I made my First Holy Communion seven years later. Frankly it would have been perfect if it had just been me, but since A.A. is a year OLDER than I am, I didn't have much say in the matter. My guess is that this picture was taken on Easter in 1960, a few months before Terry was born, turning me from a lovely, spoiled youngest child into the confused, stuck-in-the-middle, middle child. :)
This picture was, according to the scribble on the back (and I do mean scribble -- Dad has the handwriting of a doctor) taken in N.Y., which I interpret to mean Massapequa Park where I spent my first couple of years, although it could have been at my grandmother's house, too. The woman in the photo is identified as 7u[or7? which I have interpreted as Audrey? but I don't really know who Audrey was. I thought at first it might be Alphy (my grndmother) because it does sort of look like her, but I am thinking that even if I can't exactly remember what my grandmother looked like in 1960 (being year old and all), my father probably did and he was he person who followed the name with a question mark on the back of the picture. In fact the only thing I remember about this picture is Aunt Anonymous' hat, which I preferred to my own -- and I did eventually get one of my own -- and the pocketbook which I believe was passed down through the Garrity ranks because I remember Beanie carrying it around, too.

1 comment:
the lady is my mother, your grandmother--if this was 1960 she was almost 70--when she was born the telephone was about 15 years old, radio was still to come to say nothing of the airplane, air conditioning and TV and just about everything we take for granted--she lived to see a man land on the mood--quite a life
Dad
Post a Comment