Thursday, May 10, 2012

Way Back Wednesday

This picture actually provides more questions than answers. Here's what I do know. It was taken in front of the house on Hilltop, probably right around 1969. And it was probably snapped following some occasion because that's really the only time we took pictures, although if this was taken following some occasion, how come no one is wearing a sailor suit?

Here are my other questions. I don't really know the date of the photo and, in fact, I don't even know the season. Why? Because I am wearing a Saratoga Springs tee shirt and pedal pushers and Aunt Anonymous (the smart one in the family) is wearing a turtleneck sweater and long pants, so it's probably on the cooler side. However, TA is wearing a short-sleeved shirt and long pants and Beanie is wearing a dress and no pants (ha, ha -- that dress is kind of short, no?)
I also don't know what hair products I was using at this time, but I wish I did because my hair looks GREAT. It's very curly and frizzy, so I have no idea why it looks so smooth and straight in this photo.

Also, we are down one child in this photo. Terry is missing. Is she at summer camp? Is she across the street at Nancy's house? Is she the one taking the picture? Who knows?

If any of you can shed light on these mysteries let me know. :) Otherwise I'll just say I chose this picture because my hair has never looked this good ever again in my whole life.

6 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

I love the commentary, Tracy! Maybe Aunt A will be able to let you know the reason for the various dress.

Aunt Anonymous said...

Sorry...no help here...I do remember my sweater and your t-shirt, but have no memory of the picture taking.

Anonymous said...

I love this picture, you all looked so cute and yes Tracy your hair looks great!
BTW..if this was 1969, I probably was not born yet...LOL

Ann:)

Aunt T said...

I can tell you that 1) I probably was NOT at summer camp, only went once, you and Aunt A were there at the same time and I hated itand 2) in general it's a bad idea to put a camera in my hand so I probably didn't take the picture. However, I do remember the Saratoga tee, think I had one in a differenta color. Finally, since your hair looks soooo lovely, I'd hazard a guess that the photo was taken after a trip to the hair salon at White's?

Anonymous said...

Why does Tina have only one sock? Are those candies or marbles in her hand, Nice Oic. Uncle Al

Anonymous said...

Meant Pic Al