So this is a bonus post that magically relates the past to the present.
First we have the Way Back photo ... this is Aunt Anonymous in (I believe) third grade at her viola recital in Illinois. The fact that I remember it so clearly (she played "Jolly Old St. Nicholas) is most like due to the fact that my ears were never the same after that concert.... I played the xylophone and the glockenspiel back in Illinois, but as far as I can recollect there are no photos of my first foray into music.
So now it's nearly 50 years later and I'm hearing those same squeaky strings, this time played by Lizzie. Lizzie plays the violin (and the piano) and she told me last night at dinner that she was the best violin player in the Junior Orchestra. Here's Lizzie getting ready to take her seat:
The spring concert was tonight and Lizzie (and her classmates in the third grade) performed for the first time as a group. And as a bonus, here's their first song -- "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."


2 comments:
I am pretty sure Aunt A's playing gave me tinitus and I wasn't even born yet.
Twinkle Twinkle sounds a lot better than Jolly Old St. Nicholas!
Post a Comment