It dawned on me about 5 minutes ago that I never posted any photos from our extraordinary vacation in the Poconos. Since it may be our last vacation there (the place we go is in bankruptcy so the condos will still be there, but the amenities may not...) it's important to document this stay. (Although I have to add that I fully doubt the place will go anywhere...) This is the first of two posts, with pictures in sort of random order...
The thing I love about this vacation is that cousins get to really play with each other. We get condos next to each other and kids run from one to the other playing to their hearts' contents for a solid week. Hannah and Brenna developed a special bond:
But really all the kids have a great time. There was a lot of bike-riding and scooters and playground time this year:
Aunt Anonymous and Bean show where the older kids spent most of our time -- in chairs outside the condo, reading and talking to each other. Somewhere there is a picture of Uncle Anonymous which I will try to post in the next blog:
Hannah thought it was a little nippy out by Lake Harmony -- Lizzie was all set for summer:
A picture of my beautiful Little Bit and a random Split Rock tree:
Rob and the girls and our annual picture at the Walter Francis Dam. This time the water level was low, so they could walk all the way to the end of the roadway which they did (and I did NOT):
Hannah amongst the flowers at the Walter Francis dam:
Dinner is an annual event, too. This time 3/4 of the Bentleys (with 100 percent open eyes!) joined us. Casey was there earlier in the day to play golf with Grandpa, but he left before dinner:
Hannah and Lizzie pose outside the Sunset Green just before dinner:
Here are Casey, Aunt Terry and the family patriarch Grandpa, just before they all left to play golf:
The waterpark is a HUGE adventure for the kids (and I actually like the slides, too, even though they very nearly cripple me each time I go down...) Here's Hannah displaying some of her basketball expertise. I was watching as she smoked the boys at the free throws...
Here's another shot... she LOVED tossing the ball in, but when the kids all started to play real basketball, she wasn't as interested as that required following RULES:
Tommy and Lizzie coming down the slide together:
Lizzie just before going down the slide by herself (for the millionth time ... she was up, down, up down all day!)
And finally, Aunt Tina made a rare appearance in the waterpark. Her she is with Brenna. Maybe one of these days we'll get Beanie to go IN the water or down a slide ... but I kind of doubt it... A great time was had by all!















2 comments:
Such great pictures of everyone! As usual all seemed to have a wonderful time visiting each other. The kids love the water park!
Uncle A is fine if you don't find a picture of him!!!
Post a Comment