Sunday, September 16, 2012

Way Back Weekly

It's BACK! I have completely resisted the urge to rename this feature Way Back Whenever and will start posting weekly (or as close as I can get to weekly) Way Back photos.

I'm starting with this one because I have NO idea what it is, and am hoping that Aunt Brenda and Uncle Al may chime in.

Basically it was a newspaper clipping with no caption.

My mom looks to be about 14 years old. And she is armed. The top photo is the full picture that I found in the files (which I believe would make this newsprint about 65 years old!) and the bottom photo is one that I tried to zoom in on Mom, who I think looks very much like Terry (or rather Terry looks like her) in this photo.

I'm pretty sure this is not the Massachusetts militia and I am am hoping this is not a real gun. :) Was Grandma Jo a secret re-enactor? Is this how she got her start in girl scouts? I have NO idea!

Anyway, that pretty lady is Joanne Garrity and the rest of the photo is a mystery.



3 comments:

Aunt Anonymous said...

Are you sure it's Mom? Maybe it's Ging Ging and even older --- the skirts are kind of long?

Anonymous said...

I do not have a clue, but it certainly looks like your Mom. Uncle Al I do not think it's Ging Ging. Al

Anonymous said...

Since Jo was in the class of 1951 at Lasell how about something celebrating its founding in 1851--the costumes look appropiate but I don't know about the guns--maybe it was the Lasell chapter of the LWV pushing the ERA--that would explain the guns