Sunday, September 30, 2012

Way Back Weekly

You know I like to make these Way Back photos educational, so this is the picture from which we learn why there are so few baby pictures of Terry. HA HA. 
Seriously, I think Terry looks very cute in this picture, especially since she is NOT having the bad hair day that Aunt Anonymous is having and she managed a smile which I was unable to do for this photo. Doesn't it look like I'm afraid someone is going to steal my doll?
Anyway, this photo was taken in the beginning of 1961 when Terry was somewhere between 6 and 12 months old; AA was three and I was two. AND can you see that AA and I are both wearing watches. We were over-achievers even then. We're in this picture with Aunt Marion (Ging Ging's sister).
Really what is most interesting to me about this photo is how different we all look from each other. AA has straight blonde hair and blue eyes, I'm all curly-haired with dark eyes and Terry has a long face (just like my mother with whom she shares a huge resemblance!) We do all seem to have the same nose though.

Oh and the update on the last WBW is that it probably was my mom participating in some sort of Laselle 100th anniversary thing. I'm still not sure why she was armed, but Aunt Brenda and Dad both suggested that was what it was, so that's enough corroboration for me!!


2 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Wonder where it was taken. Think then Mother was in the apartment over Winnie and Durwood's house. I came back from DC by Christmas 1960 and probably took the picture. Aunt Marion had a hat on. Wish it were in color, though as she usually was very color coordinated. Good picture of all

Anonymous said...

Nice Tracy but cute I was not! I like to think I improved with age :)