Things were going swimmingly (literally as you can see)
and then it all came to a halt on Thursday night when Rob got sick. Really sick.
The kind of sick that was so sick that he didn't even want to move from the girls' bedroom into the room we were using ... which meant he had to sleep in the same room as their shenanigan-prone selves.
And for those of you who know him well, the poor guy left in the middle of eating a hot dog to retire for an evening of in and out of the bathroom. Poor guy.
Most of the group diagnosed Rob with food poisoning from the leftover chicken I had brought home from an Italian restaurant the previous night. He had it for lunch and was sick about 3 hours later. However, the doctors involved in this decision (Grandma and Grandpa) did not factor into the equation that I had eaten half of the meal the night before and was fine.
My theory was that it was the clam sauce that got him. However I admit to a documented hatred of clams ever since my best friend in high school's father made me eat one on some beach in New York and it was so vile that I had to carry it around in my cheek for a good hour until I could find a place to spit the slimy thing out. But, I digress...
The point is that either it was the clam sauce OR my parents' refrigerator plotted against my husband. So, even though I have a vivid enough imagination to come up with a way that the refrigerator had conspired to rot only one piece of chicken, I'm sticking with the clam sauce theory.
The good news though, was that Rob was feeling much better the next morning because we had places to go and people to see and the girls wanted to watch the Cinderella video for the 47th time. So we got back on the road to begin our trip north. First stop (next post) was Aunt Louise and Uncle Mike's home in Leesburg.
Since no one wants to see a picture of Rob being sick, here's a really nice picture I took of my daughters and my mother, just before we left. Grandpa was playing golf and had said his goodbyes much earlier.

No comments:
Post a Comment