Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day Two Tea and Jam

So things were going really well. The girls were coloring or watching DVDs or talking NICELY to each other ... and we all know that when things are THAT perfect, it's too good to be true. And that was the case for us.





As soon as we got into South Carolina, we stopped. And by stopped I mean, dead stop get out of the car and play football with the kids in the car behind you kind of stopped. The sit for two hours when it stops being fun after 30 minutes kind of stopped.

Here are the pictures to show you the kind of stopped it was:

The picture above shows not only Rob reading the Wall Street Journal, but also our GPS which got us lost at least twice!! At least the weather was beautiful and the cooler was filled with food (thanks Gayle -- the cooler was another lifesaver as it kept everything cool for a long time, even when the car was turned off!)

After nearly two hours we were back on the road again. We found out from one of the football players (actually students from Richard Stockton College in New Jersey) that someone had been hauling a trailer and another car had hit the trailer and there was debris all over the road that needed to be cleaned up. I don't know how far the backup went but it was three miles where we were -- and like I said, we'd been sitting there for nearly two hours!

Luckily we made it to Aunt Tally's house by early evening. Tally lives in the southern-most part of South Carolina (I think -- you know how bad I am with directions) on a golf course although she doesn't play golf (yet -- I'm sure the family (curse) game will soon be added to her list of activities.

Here are Tally and the girls at a park on the water, not far from her house. They are sitting on a shrimp, which I didn't know because I have never seen one that wasn't doused in cocktail sauce. The second picture is just a nice one of Tally and Hannah and then Tally drawing a picture of a dog for Lizzie (I generously cropped out the actual picture of the dog...):



I tried to get pictures of Tally's dogs, Daisy and Dixie. Here's my best shot of Dixie, who was NOT fond of the shutterbug who came to visit!!

Finally ... it wouldn't be a vacation without cookies and milk. Here are Rob/Bob and the girls enjoying them at Tally's house.

Stay tuned for the next installment when we get to FLORIDA where it is FINALLY WARM!!!

No comments: