Friday, March 21, 2008

The Trip. Day One.

As all of you know, we decided -- in a moment of genius or stupidity -- to drive down to Florida and stop and see friends along the way. I have to say that, now that the trip is nearly over, it's been fun. I'd like to say the reason it's been fun has been the family togetherness, the singing of songs, the playing of license plate bingo, the endless jokes... but really it's been fun because Terry loaned me her DVD player for the car. Oh, and it's been fun seeing friends, too... :)

Day One took us to Raleigh, North Carolina to see my neice (who lives 15 minutes from me) show her horse. We didn't stay to see if she won, but my she is gorgeous on her horse, Seamus, isn't she?

Here are some pictures from Day One.

Lunch at "The Spot." (I'm obsessed about stopping places called Spot because that was the name of my favorite cat.) This spot was in Maryland, near Annapolis.


And speaking of Annapolis, I'd like to thank my two navigators who helped us find the Annapolis library. How did we ever survive before cell phones and blackberries (and sisters?) We did find the library and had a nice break there. Then it was on to Raleigh, N.C. where we (Bob actually) drove through an horrific rainstorm. The weather was nice the next morning for the horse show, though. We also got to see one of Terry's old friends from college, whom I hadn't seen in more than a decade. That was fun!


This is Hannah and Liz meeting Seamus (the horse) for the first time. They weren't interested in getting any closer!




This is Shelby in action. I took Western riding lessons when I was at camp (for about 15 minutes) and as fun as that was, English is really much more regal, isn't it?



Look for day two (THE TRAFFIC JAM!!) tomorrow!

No comments: