Let's actually begin with Christmas Eve Eve, shall we? That was the day I volunteered in Lizzie's classroom for her Christmas party. It seemed like a really good idea when I was asked to help out (sometime in early December) but then on the actual day of the party, things just seemed a whole lot more hectic. However, it was something of a Christmas miracle that Lizzie was HAPPY to see me in her classroom. Usually she just ignores me. Or tries to ignore me, which as most of you who know me know, is really futile. Anyway, here she is flashing me a smile before chowing down on her fruit kebab. It's when I see things like this that I feel guilty because all I had to do was show up for an hour and pass out place mats while some other mom spent actual time threading strawberries and gumdrops onto a stick. THAT'S impressive.
Lizzie's good time was enhanced because she gets to sit next to her best friend, Keira. I love Keira, too, and don't think it's a coincidence that Keira is actually a lot like Hannah (in the Crazy-Energetic department!)
I did take a moment to peak in on Hannah's classroom and found her dancing with HER best friend who is (again, not surprisingly) a lot like Lizzie -- quiet, sweet, etc.
They had a great time dancing up a storm at their party:
Although as you can see, Hannah does NOT need a partner to dance up a storm... :)
Then, before I knew it, it was Christmas Eve and we were headed to Terry and Ray's house for our annual pizza extravaganza. First, I took the girls to church where we managed to get a seat. I have discovered that you can actually get there pretty close to the start of Mass and still get a seat -- if you sit in the first couple of rows. Since Rob always has us sit up front, I'm used to it, so we got a seat (up front) with no problem. I was not as successful in the parking lot, though, so I had to call Terry and tell her we'd be a bit late because I was unstrategically parked for a quick getaway. Rob went to Midnight Mass. I have no idea where he sat. Here are the girls chillin' with Shelby and her iPhone:
Lizzie's good time was enhanced because she gets to sit next to her best friend, Keira. I love Keira, too, and don't think it's a coincidence that Keira is actually a lot like Hannah (in the Crazy-Energetic department!)
I did take a moment to peak in on Hannah's classroom and found her dancing with HER best friend who is (again, not surprisingly) a lot like Lizzie -- quiet, sweet, etc.
They had a great time dancing up a storm at their party:
Although as you can see, Hannah does NOT need a partner to dance up a storm... :)
And here's everyone checking out Terry and Ray's Christmas Tree:
After we left their house we took a quick trip around town looking at people's Christmas lights. The girls BOTH wanted to get home and go to bed though, since they knew Santa wasn't going to come until they were sound asleep. The really really good news is that they were both sound asleep about 5 minutes after they lay down. This is really really good news because I had MUCH wrapping and building to do. I constructed two American Girl Doll beds and an entire zhu zhu pet village. Plus wrapped everything I hadn't yet wrapped, which was just about everything! Oh, but before they went to bed, we made sure to toss out some food for the reindeer:
After we left their house we took a quick trip around town looking at people's Christmas lights. The girls BOTH wanted to get home and go to bed though, since they knew Santa wasn't going to come until they were sound asleep. The really really good news is that they were both sound asleep about 5 minutes after they lay down. This is really really good news because I had MUCH wrapping and building to do. I constructed two American Girl Doll beds and an entire zhu zhu pet village. Plus wrapped everything I hadn't yet wrapped, which was just about everything! Oh, but before they went to bed, we made sure to toss out some food for the reindeer:I'll post about our Christmas Day, next. Stay tuned!!


No comments:
Post a Comment