Sunday, December 20, 2009

SN09!!

We supposedly had a blizzard here yesterday. I don't exactly think it was a blizzard, but we did end up with about a foot of snow. This is what it looked like on Saturday night:
This was the front yard after about 12 hours of snow ... I love the way the candles are burning (thanks to electricity, which we did NOT lose -- yay!) as it makes the house look so cozy.

The next morning (Sunday) it was all over except for the snow-blowing. That's Rob behind that plume of snow. One of the smartest things we did was to purchase the snow blower from the guy who sold us this house. We don't need it that often, but when we do it's very helpful (although I wouldn't be shoveling anyway, so I guess I should say ROB doesn't need it that often...)

The next day Hannah and Liz went out to play. Lizzie discovered on Saturday that she doesn't much LIKE the cold so she was only outside for about 10 minutes, allowing me to snap ONE photo of her outside. Here it is ... love the hat, don't you? Then she became INDOOR girl, watching the snow from the warmth of our living room:
She poked her head out the front door once in a while just to yell something to Hannah who was having a BLAST in the snow:
Here are some pictures of Hannah having fun in the snow ... she NEVER complained about the cold or being too wet from the snow or anything:
She just loved being outside and getting rosy cheeks:Running around the yard, up and down the hills...By the stream...
And occasionally checking in with her sister:
And here are just some scenic shots from our yard. First is our house in snow:Close-up of my welcome sign:
Swing set in snow ... Lizzie said it looked like the swings were holding sausages!

Check back tomorrow as we spent Saturday afternoon decorating gingerbread men/pops and I've got some pictures of that, too. Aren't I spoiling you all the week before Christmas??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark says the smartest thing we ever did was leaving the snowblower for the new owners of our house! Looks pretty, but I don't miss the shoveling! Aunt Anonymous

Aunt Brenda said...

Just beautiful - save the house pic for a Christmas card next year! Aunt Anonymous had a long STEEP driveway so that was very nice of Uncle Anonymous (Mark)!

TGR101 said...

Yes, no one wanted to drive on the Anonymous' driveway, much less shovel it. Ours is long, but not steep...but of course I'm not the one dealing with it!
Glad you southerners are enjoying the photos!

Anonymous said...

it continues to suprise me that you, Terry and good old Aunt A have (or had) long, narrow and steep driveways. Maybe it is becuse you were brought up in a house with a short, wide and flat driveway--that white stuff is sonw, isn't it?