We called and sang his answering machine Happy Birthday, but wanted to put it on the blog, too, just in case.
Happy Birthday Dad!!

And also, I need to announce that we are flabbergasted very proud that THIS little girl was named the French Creek Citizen of the Month for her class. The award is given to the child who shows kindness and compassion to his or her fellow students. And who always tries to be helpful. And who, occasionally I guess, gets in a lot of trouble for annoying her fellow students by laughing uproariously or bursting into song or quoting iCarly episodes...
Whatever the reason, we're very proud of our Hannah Banana.
So, what did YOU do this weekend? This is Lizzie getting caught in the act of snooping around the Christmas gifts that I left temptingly under the tree.
Earlier in the day we had decided to pass some of the time by making gingerbread men lollipops. It was a Wilton kit that I picked up on sale at my home-away-from-home, Michaels. Lizzie was completely into it and worked very hard on each of her five pops to make them look different.
Hannah, on the other hand, just threw a bunch of sprinkles onto the frosting and called it a day. She was done in about 5 minutes, while Lizzie worked for a good half hour. They both had a great time, though!
So, what did YOU do this weekend? This is Lizzie getting caught in the act of snooping around the Christmas gifts that I left temptingly under the tree.
Earlier in the day we had decided to pass some of the time by making gingerbread men lollipops. It was a Wilton kit that I picked up on sale at my home-away-from-home, Michaels. Lizzie was completely into it and worked very hard on each of her five pops to make them look different.
Hannah, on the other hand, just threw a bunch of sprinkles onto the frosting and called it a day. She was done in about 5 minutes, while Lizzie worked for a good half hour. They both had a great time, though!
Here are some of Lizzie's creations:
Here are all the finished pops. Hannah's are the more minimalist creations on the right:
They both were MOST interested in eating them, though, so this was there reaction when I told them they had to wait for snack time later in the afternoon:
But then I told them I was just kidding and could eat one (or two) right away. It was a fun project and, once again, reminded me how different they are and how much I enjoy doing crafts and cooking projects with them. I do have to say that I thought the finished product tasted pretty terrible -- but I guess it's different when you're seven!
They both were MOST interested in eating them, though, so this was there reaction when I told them they had to wait for snack time later in the afternoon:
But then I told them I was just kidding and could eat one (or two) right away. It was a fun project and, once again, reminded me how different they are and how much I enjoy doing crafts and cooking projects with them. I do have to say that I thought the finished product tasted pretty terrible -- but I guess it's different when you're seven!Oh, and in case you didn't know, Hannah and Liz would like to remind you that TOMORROW IS CHRISTMAS EVE!!!

3 comments:
Uncle Anonymous asks if a gingerbread pop was saved for him...they look great!
gee, that guy does not look any older than 78 to me
According to the genealogy report 79 is THE correct number of years. Congrats to Hannah on her award and Lizzie's pops really look great - very crafty/artistic!
Post a Comment