Let's start with Hannah. This is how Hannah looked at about 10 a.m. when her second front tooth finally fell out. We'd been wiggling it for about three weeks, but Hannah refused to let me pull it. This morning she wiggled it enough and became the the poster child for the song, "All I Want for Christmas... is My Two Front Teeth..."

Oh, what a happy day this would have been, if the story had ended there. But it does not end there. At roughly 4 p.m. Hannah, who had been wearing her tooth around her neck in this little tooth-shaped locket, decided that the tooth smelled bad and that she should wash it. As with most things involving Hannah, she didn't tell me she was going to do this. Until the inevitable happened. "MOMMY MOMMY MY TOOTH WENT DOWN THE DRAIN." Here is the offending drain:
I inspected the situation and decided that the Tooth Fairy would have to get the tooth out tonight when she stopped by and we should write her a note and just leave the tooth where it was. Hannah decided that I should take the sink apart and find her tooth. We were at an impasse until her hero, AKA the Tooth Plumber AKA Dad came home from the library and said he would, indeed take the drain apart and rescue the tooth that could well have long since been in the septic tank. (!)
I inspected the situation and decided that the Tooth Fairy would have to get the tooth out tonight when she stopped by and we should write her a note and just leave the tooth where it was. Hannah decided that I should take the sink apart and find her tooth. We were at an impasse until her hero, AKA the Tooth Plumber AKA Dad came home from the library and said he would, indeed take the drain apart and rescue the tooth that could well have long since been in the septic tank. (!)Here is Hannah waiting outside the bathroom door while the Tooth Plumber worked. Yes that's a pink Christmas tree next her her...

While we're waiting to see if the TP can get the tooth, let's take a closer look at this tree. I bought it this year to hang my Lenox gingerbread ornaments on. The pink really sets off the pastels in the ornaments. It's not like I WANTED a pink Christmas tree ... it was just what was warranted by the people at Lenox who chose to decorate the ornaments in pastels....
After about 20 minutes, Rob emerged victorious. YAY he had rescued the tooth and had Hannah's undying admiration (which he already had!) and she was thrilled beyond words and decided that she couldn't part with her tooth after all and the tooth fairy should not bother stopping by. So, all was well with the world!

While we're waiting to see if the TP can get the tooth, let's take a closer look at this tree. I bought it this year to hang my Lenox gingerbread ornaments on. The pink really sets off the pastels in the ornaments. It's not like I WANTED a pink Christmas tree ... it was just what was warranted by the people at Lenox who chose to decorate the ornaments in pastels....
After about 20 minutes, Rob emerged victorious. YAY he had rescued the tooth and had Hannah's undying admiration (which he already had!) and she was thrilled beyond words and decided that she couldn't part with her tooth after all and the tooth fairy should not bother stopping by. So, all was well with the world!
Except it wasn't... in his plumbing work to get the tooth, the Tooth Plumber broke one of the pipes (it's the one he's holding in the picture above). Which needs to be replaced before the sink can be used again. I was going to suggest that the tooth fairy leave him a new pipe in exchange for Hannah's tooth -- I'm helpful that way -- but he was still holding a wrench when I thought of it.
And, of course while this was happening inside, THIS was happening outside, making a trip to Lowe's to replace the pipe all the more difficult.
And, of course while this was happening inside, THIS was happening outside, making a trip to Lowe's to replace the pipe all the more difficult.Peace -- if not the pipe -- has been restored. At least until someone runs the water in the sink and the front hall is flooded. But really, what at the chances THAT would happen?
:)

3 comments:
You are too funny! And where in the world did you find a PINK tree???
So funny Tracy - always something going on. Guess I didn't realize that part of the plumbing would break. We had ours off a while back - not looking for a tooth - just cleaning the elbow.
Carrie -- I got it at Michael's (my home away from home!)
Aunt Brenda -- the elbow had a thin area and when he was cleaning it out it broke through. Also one of the rubber washers ripped. But you're right, there's always something go on around here!
Post a Comment