Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dance!

Through no fault of my own, Hannah and Lizzie do seem to be turning into decent dancers. This was evidenced at the observation day at their dance studio yesterday. I was quite surprised impressed by their ability since at  home they still walk into walls and fall off chairs. Maybe I should play soothing classical ballet music all day? Anyway, I'm still having a ball playing with my new camera, so you get to see some of what they did yesterday. The girls' dance studio doesn't allow parents to watch the weekly lessons because they say it distracts the dancers, but once each semester parents can observe a class. Here are Hannah and Lizzie doing something balletic:


In this exercise they had to jump up and down for about two  minutes. Lizzie never missed a beat:

Lizzie working on her hand position:

Hannah, doing a stretch:

And now for some artsy photos. This is Hannah doing a dance step ... their teacher Miss Kelsey (a beautiful dancer!) is reflected in the mirror:

Dancing feet (and a hole in the tights .... I'm saving the good tights for Nutcracker!):

Lizzie was actually moving across the floor in this position ... beautiful, isn't it?

2 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Great pictures - the girls look so serious! I remember some of the very early pictures - improvement to say the least - Good Job.

Cindy said...

Love the pictures AND the girls so serious and into it-- so wonderful to see!!