Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Way Back Wednesday

Introducing a NEW and EXCITING feature... well, it's new at any rate.
Shortly after my Mom passed away I was looking for some pictures to put in the slide show and collage of her life and I found a huge bin of old photos down in my basement. I don't really remember how I came to have them, but there were some really cool photos there.

So every Wednesday I'm going to post a picture and, if I remember anything about it, write something about it.

Without further ado...here's the first Way Back Wednesday photo...

I'm pretty sure this picture was taken on Easter in 1969 (or maybe 68 since there is no grass to speak of in the photo) at our house in Somers, N.Y. I especially love that my brother is wearing short pants and a cap. Ha ha ha ha ha. However if the picture was in color you'd all be laughing at the coat I'm wearing. It was a kind of fake lambswool and the top part was white, but the bottom part was LIME GREEN. Oh yeah, I was stylin' that year at Easter Mass! 

Pictured, left to right are T.A., cousin Ann Elizabeth, Terry, Tally, me and my lime green coat, cousin Mary Kay and Tina. I'm pretty sure the car belonged to my Aunt Mary and Uncle Al because I don't ever remember having a family car that wasn't a station wagon. Oh, and if you look at the house in the back there, that's pretty much what our house looked like, too.  Now the backyard is lined by trees and you can't really even see the next door neighbor's house. But I guess that can happen in (gulp!) 43 years.

4 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Oh, Tracy - Love it - this is great!!! What a wonderful gift with all the pictures. Looking forward to each week.

TGR101 said...

Thanks AUnt Brenda -- I've got some great photos to post!

Aunt Anonymous said...

come on...you loved that coat!!!!!!

Aunt Terry said...

I look COLD!!