Monday, November 7, 2011

My New Camera

I love my new camera! It's a Canon Rebel T2i and it's a HUGE upgrade from the digital Rebel I got when the girls were babies. And I love it. Did I mention that? Today was a beautiful day with bright sunshine and the temperature topping out around 60 degrees. The girls had the day off, Rob took the day off and we all went out to lunch in Lancaster and took a trip to the "buggy park" where I got to test drive the camera (I've taken other pictures for Halloween, but that was all done with the camera set on fully automatic.) So here are some of the shots:

First, of course, we have an action shot of Hannah and Lizzie playing on the tire swing:

This is the afternoon sun filtering through some of the last leaves of autumn. I can't believe any trees have leaves on them after the snow storm we had Halloween weekend. Lucky for me and my new camera, some of the trees hung on to their leaves:

This was carved into a tree near the park. I was able to get really close and then fixed it up in photoshop a bit:

Action shots! This is Hannah leaping from the swing at the park:

And not to be outdone, here is Lizzie doing the same thing:

And this is sort of a REVERSE action shot. Rob was driving his usual Mario Andretti-esque speed down the road and I spotted this guy working his fields the old fashioned way. He opened his window and I shot a few pictures ... and they actually came out pretty clearly:

More artsy photos ... this time it's Lizzie spinning around in the tire swing. I know you probably won't care, but I was able to microfocus on her knee and then have the rest of the picture show movement:

And of course we can't forget black and white shots. I love this one:

But of course my FAVORITE pictures to take are of these two:

And this one:
And that's why I love my new camera!


2 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

What great pictures and looks like you all had a wonderful day.

Cindy said...

Wonderful pictures! I like your new camera too (and your ability to figure it out and use it for all it is worth!!) Thanks for sharing! :)