Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Way Back Wednesday

Does anyone really miss the 1970s? You won't after looking at this picture! This is (I'm pretty sure) a New Year's Eve party at my parents house circa 1973. The Russells (on the far left) lived down the street for us and all the girls wanted to babysit for them because we all thought Mr. Russell was dreamy. We thought he looked sort of like Robert Redford and Mrs. Russell looked like Natalie Wood. I can still sort of see how a 6th grade me would think that. I babysat for them after school several times a week for a couple of years. Next in line is Mrs. Frayne, then my mom and then Mr. Frayne. The Fraynes and my parents met at "the cottage," a rental home we had in Yorktown where we lived for a few months until our house was ready (which by my recollection was most of 4th grade for me.) The Fraynes lived two or three cottages away from us and my parents continued to be friends with them -- and celebrate New Year's Eve with them for decades. Also Mrs. Frayne was a social studies teacher at our high school. And a feminist. And kind of crazy. But we loved her anyway.

But seriously, those hairstyles and wide ties have to go!!
Oh, you'll need to click on the photo to see all the people ... I made it too wide for the blog and don't feel like changing it!

1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Oh, MY!!! Hysterical. And I never was allowed to go see the "Cottage" on any trip. Wasn't it like two cottages together - from what I was told. Love these pictures - a treasure trove of style???