Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Way Back Wednesday

(This is my second post in two days, so make sure to look at the post directly below this one, if you're interested in present-day Rasmussen life...)

This week we take you back to 1969 just before Aunt Anonymous and Beanie shipped out (ha, ha!) I'm thinking that this might be another Easter photo since Beanie looks a little overdressed in her gloves and pocketbook for just a simple Sunday. I'm also pretty sure that my mom was sort of obsessed with sailor suits for a little while. I remember that I had a sailor shirt with a big bow on the front, but not the whole dress. I know that T.A. (not wearing it here) had a blue sailor suit that he wore when he was about this age.This picture was taken in our backyard under the sugar maple, so you can see our neighbors' homes.  We used to pay with the kids who lived in the white house to the right (I think that was the Milanos) but not the kids in the white house directly behind, because they were hippies. And we only played with the kids in the house just to the left of T.A.s head (not pictured) because they were jocks. We did play with the kids on owr own street even though. Probably some of them were jocks. I was the lone hippie on our block.

Oh and is it just me or (for those who know him) does Aunt Anonymous look a lot like Tommy in this picture?

5 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Love It!!! This is a wonderful project, Tracy. Will just wait for each and every installment.

Aunt A said...

Oh I remember that dress...do you think I should go back to that haircut?!?!

Aunt Brenda said...

I think that Aunt A's current hair style is very nice. Remember your mother was not "into" hair styles for you girls. TA had all the curls but once I tried a permanent on Aunt A......

TGR101 said...

Hannah and Liz can't believe that I lived most of my childhood in the pixie cut. Somewhere there is a picture of that permanent, but I haven't found it. (yet!)

Anonymous said...

So funny Tracy, the sailor collars were very popular then. Tom/TA looks like his dad in this picture if you look at it closer. Tina looks so cute and Aunt A.s haircut may come back so I wouldn't rule it out...lol. Love looking at the old pics. Ann